– must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents
– Student (or teacher) must be a resident of the Tri-Cities (Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam)
– piano only
d. Age Limit:
– must be between 15 and 21, as of January 1st, 2019
e. Students enrolled in a post-secondary music program are not eligible to participate (Students who expressed an intent to apply during the year the scholarship was not offered are exempt).
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
– First Place: $2,000
b. Fund Disbursement:
– Funds will contribute to the advancement of the winning candidate’s musical studies, disbursed from Yarilo Music Society to an eligible institution
Example: post-secondary institution, private music instructors
- REGISTRATION PACKAGE
a. Short biography (including future study plans and career objectives)
b. Written paragraph describing the importance of music in our lives (150 words max.)
c. Repertoire selection
d. $45 non-refundable registration fee
- SUBMISSION & DEADLINE
– Completed registration (including payment) must be post-marked no later than April 30th, 2019 [DEADLINE EXTENDED]
– Cheques and money order accepted.
Yarilo Music Society (Scholarship)
541 Yale Road,
Port Moody V3H 3L4
c. No late registrations will be accepted
- COMPETITION STRUCTURE
– Panel of 2 adjudicators will be present for every competitor’s audition
– Should a candidate be unable to attend the competition, Yarilo should be notified immediately
– Candidate should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled performance time
– Candidates arriving late will not be given extra time
d. There will be no warm up room available
a. Program Choice:
– Two contrasting solo selections at a Grade 9, 10, ARCT Diploma level or higher
b. Time Limits:
– 20 minutes; candidates exceeding time limit may be asked to stop at the adjudicators’ discretion
– Playing from memory is mandatory
d. A copy of each original score must be provided to the adjudicators
e. The performances will be open to the public
Candidates not complying with these rules may be disqualified.
An incomplete or inaccurate registration form may result in disqualification.
Proof of age, or residency may be requested. Any situation not covered by these rules shall be referred to the Yarilo Music Board of Directors, whose decision on such matters shall be final.